6 reasons you need to detox
Jul 14, 2022
Most people suffer from some form of discomfort in their body. And most people think there's nothing they can do about it, besides pop a pill from time to time to get some relief.
In reality, discomfort such as achy joints or muscles, brain fog, fatigue, headaches, allergies or gas should all be taken as signs that your body needs some better care & attention. I sometimes suffer from these myself when I overindulge in food, neglect sleep and drink alcohol. But instead of taking pills to treat the symptoms, or thinking I can't do anything about it, I take it as a sign that it's time to hit the reset button and detox.
Issues such as brain fog, gas, fatigue and headaches may seem common but they could all lead to more serious problems if left unaddressed such as autoimmune diseases, migraines, asthma, acne, irritable bowel, reflux, arthritis or worse. A detox could be your solution to these and other problems.
Now, I know that the word “detox” has bad connotations! You might imagine drinking some weird concoction, being constantly hungry, having to run to the bathroom all the time, or otherwise suffering and depriving yourself.
But that's certainly NOT what the 7 Day Summer Body Detox is about!
When I use the word “detox,” I mean enjoying delicious food you'll love that's free from the most common inflammatory agents and packed with anti ageing, immune boosting and inflammation fighting antioxidants instead. The recipes are also free from refined sugar and all things that turn to sugar. Simply put, by signing up to the 7 Day Summer Body Detox you'll be taking out the bad stuff from your diet and putting in the good stuff – lots of good stuff!
An intelligently designed detox helps you get rid of more than just unwanted weight. This is your chance to heal your body on every level.
Yes, you are likely to lose weight and get a considerably flatter belly, but you will also find that your energy, sleep, and mood improve, that chronic problems including joint pain, digestive problems, autoimmune disease, headaches, memory problems and brain fog, sinus and allergy issues, even acne, eczema, and psoriasis will get better or disappear entirely. Your sexual desire and function may even improve which is another nice benefit I suppose :)
I can think of a thousand benefits of detoxification, but here are 6 I believe to be particularly worthy:
- You feel better. When you detox, you wake up feeling vital, vibrant, alive, joyful, and full of energy. Even if you are thin but have symptoms of being toxic like fatigue, brain fog, achiness, digestive issues, allergies, and headaches, the detox can help heal you quickly. Most of us don’t connect what we’re eating to how we feel. By doing the 7 day Summer Body Detox, feeling good is only a few days away.
- You lose weight. The scientific establishment has convinced us that losing weight is just a matter of calories in/calories out. If you want to lose weight you just need to eat less and exercise more. But how’s that working for you? Probably not so well! The problem is, the scientific establishment is different from the established science. The science says that sugar and flour calories trigger addiction and overeating yet calories from whole foods make you feel satiated and nourished. The calories from sugar and flour spike insulin and inflammation, which makes you store belly fat and blocks your ability to feel full. When you detoxify, you eliminate both sugar & flour, as well as other toxins, that hold your weight hostage... And you finally give yourself a chance to lose weight in a way that's healthy!
- You get rid of cravings. Sugar and flour are biologically addictive. The science behind it is clear and conclusive. Yet we blame ourselves when we're hooked on them, which leads to shame and guilt. I'm here to tell you it’s not your fault! Your biology has been hijacked by the food industry. They have done a hostile takeover of your taste buds, brain chemistry, hormones, and metabolism. If you need more convincing, read Michael Moss book, Salt Sugar Fat, where he explains how the food industry hire “craving experts” to create the “bliss point” of junk food to create “heavy users” and increase their “stomach share.” Sugar is the new nicotine. In fact, sugar is eight times more addictive than cocaine. If you're trying to use willpower to lose weight, you will fail. A detox allows you to unhook yourself from the addictive power of sugar, flour, and hyper-processed, hyper-palatable food-like substances so you can finally start eating out of pure hunger, and not addiction!
- You eliminate food sensitivities. Many people do not realize that they have hidden food sensitivities. These are not true allergies, like a peanut or shellfish allergy that makes your tongue swell, closes off your throat, creates hives, and can kill you in minutes. These are more subtle reactions to everyday foods.The two most common and harmful food sensitivities are gluten and dairy. During the 7 Day Summer Body Detox you remove gluten, dairy, and other reactive foods that make you sick, tired, fat, and inflamed. This is why people who do the detox get such powerful changes in such little time!
- You get a reboot! All of us stray from living in a way that supports our health sometimes: too little sleep, too little exercise, too much bad food, too much stress, not enough time for ourselves. The best thing you can do for yourself to get back on track is a detox. Simple, delicious foods, daily exercise and no toxins or drugs, by which I mean sugar, flour, processed foods, caffeine or alcohol. The 7 day Summer Body Detox includes everything you need to truly reset your body & mind to its optimal shape, and quickly! Not only will you be getting a 7 day detox meal plan but you'll also get daily Pilates classes to get strong and lean as well as meditations to calm the mind and reduce stress.
- You will become happier. 95% of your serotonin is created in your gut. What you put inside your body therefore has a powerful impact on your mood and happiness. A detox will quickly help you feel better and show you how health, energy, weight loss, and, yes, even happiness are available to you when you use food as medicine and make a few simple changes in your daily routine. Once you've experienced what it feels like to feel really good, to be full of energy, to get rid of brain fog, cravings, joint pain, fatigue, excess weight, and a myriad of other chronic health problems, then you'll be motivated to continue making the right choices even after the detox is over.